Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for an IT Service Apprentice with Jet2.com and Jet2holidays, an Aviation based in Leeds. This is an excellent opportunity for a smart, ambitious, and self motivated individual to join a friendly environment.
Closing date: 22 Aug 2022
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
29 Aug 2022
17 Jun 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- 1st and 2nd line support analysing prioritising and assigning end user issues in the IT Support Desk System.
- Troubleshoot desktops and servers for any hardware and software issues, troubleshoot network issues, troubleshoot user equipment such as iPhones, laptops, tablets.
- Troubleshoot application faults by querying databases, checking log files, and reproducing issues.
- Building, packing, and distributing kit to our disparate user base.
- Take ownership of faults and managing them in a logical and methodical manner, and follow up the status of issues on behalf of the user and communicate progress in a timely manner.
- Address IT issues by prioritising in response to customer service level agreements.
- Administer security access requirements and permissions for stakeholders escalating as necessary for example password resets.
- Create disable user accounts and mailboxes, reset passwords, create groups, and assign permissions.
- Escalate all unresolved cases to 3rd line support and to suppliers and vendors.
- Contribute to new software rollout, hardware refresh, and network equipment upgrade.
- Have working knowledge of the network layout and configuration in use within the organisation.
- Maintain and develop own knowledge and skills to assist with first time fault resolution.
- Share knowledge with team colleagues by publishing knowledge base articles, participating in training and upskilling.
- Apply the appropriate security policies to IT tasks in line with organisational requirements.
- Install and configure relevant software and hardware as appropriate for example: mobile apps, printers, projectors, scanners, and cameras.
- Documentation of processes and procedures for adoption within the department.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Learners will receive technical training online. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated team who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 3 Information Communication Technician Standard with training in areas such as:
- Functional skills, Maths L2 and English L2
- Introduction to IT Support
- Stability and Resilience
- Testing and Problem Solving
- Introduction to Networks
- Cloud Systems
- Support Teams
- Specialism digital communications, network or support
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination to receive a professional certificate.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent maths (Grade A*-C/9-4 or equivalent) Essential
About the employer
ESTIO TRAINING LIMITED
Information communications technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.