Field Service Filter Engineering Apprentice HAROLD L SMITH (TRANSMISSIONS) LTD
An opportunity to join a fast moving, forward thinking, global manufacturing company. The successful candidate will be part of a team responsible for the remanufacture of transmissions. Working in a good, clean, professional engineering environment, with room to develop and grow through personal development and training.
Closing date: 30 Aug 2022
£10,004.80 to £19,760.00
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).Minimum Wage Rates
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
01 Sep 2022
16 Jun 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Remanufacture transmission
- Test equipment to relevant specifications
- Sub-assembly rebuild/test or teardown of some components
- Maintaining the cleanliness and orderliness of working and storga areas, and materialsused within your area of work
- Entering all necessary data on the correct data sheets
- Ensuring the observance of secure working patterns and informing higher-level personnel about any suspicious or unsafe statuses within the business
- Fault finding using Allison Doc system
- Diagnostic repair, removal and refit
- Remanufacture of Allison automatic transmissions
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
This is a four year apprenticeship resulting in an Advanced Level 3 Engineering Technician in Maintenance. The successful apprentice will be required to travel to In-Comm Telford, TF3 3AJ.
Please ensure you are able to travel to both the college and employer sites.
Training will include:
- Complying with Statutory Regulations & Organisational Safety RequirementsWorking
- Effectively and Efficiently in an Engineering Environment
- Using and Communicating Technical Information
- Conducting Business Improvement Techniques (in induction)
- Producing Components using Hand Fitting Techniques
- Assembling & Testing Fluid Power Systems
- Maintaining Electrical Equipment/Systems
- Wiring and Testing Electrical Equipment Circuits
- Preparing & Using Lathes for Turning Operations
- Preparing & Using Milling Machines
- Producing CAD Models (drawings) using a CAD System
- General Welding Applications
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Full time position on completion of the apprenticeship
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
IN-COMM TRAINING AND BUSINESS SERVICES LIMITED
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.