A superb opportunity has arisen to train, learn and work towards becoming a fully qualified Dental Nurse at Glenfield Dental Surgery based on Station Road, Glenfield, in Leicestershire.
Closing date: 14 Aug 2022
Total hours per week: 40.0
Possible start date
22 Aug 2022
21 Jun 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Your duties would typically include the following:
- Assisting the Dentist chair side during clinical procedures.
- Keeping the clinical areas and all equipment and instruments clean, tidy and sterile.
- Ensuring the best care and welfare of patients.
- Accurately completing patient clinical records as directed.
- Ensuring adequate stock of materials and other items within the surgery.
- Ensuring computer/written records are accurately maintained and securely stored.
- Liaising with reception to ensure smooth patient communications and transfer of records.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Apprenticeship standard in Dental Nursing(intergrated)
Level 2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
End-Point Assessment (EPA)
This Apprenticeship will include college attendance 2 days a month for classroom delivery sessions, alongside theroy assignments and workplace observations, plus a knowledge based exam.
Alongside the structured training programme offered through the apprenticeship, Glenfield Dental Surgery will also provide you with a full induction programme and continuous mentoring and support from our experienced and qualified staff.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Treatment Co-ordinator. ...
Oral Health Educator. ...
NVQ Assessor. ...
Senior Dental Nurse. ...
Practice Manager. ...
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4 or above (C) or Level 2) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Science (Biology) (Grade 4) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
Dental nurse (integrated)
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.