Metal Recycling General Operative - Apprentice ELG Metals UK Ltd
The MRGO role will see an individual taking on a wide range of different tasks and responsibilities, both outside on the yard and in an office like environment. A team player, an MRGO will be charged with handling all types of equipment and will perform the many tasks undertaken in a metal recycling yard.
Closing date: 25 Aug 2022
The apprenticeship wage will be decided by the Directors. It should be noted the rate of pay will be higher than the national minimum wage for apprentices.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
01 Sep 2022
22 Jun 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
An average week will include:
- Identifying different metals, sorting and separating them into grades and understanding of the commercial impact grading has on the organisation - with over 100+ different metallic material groups are regularly traded.
- Develop knowledge of the processes involved within the industry, including site administration, risk assessment and legislation relating to the metal recycling industry.
- Skills attained will be industry specific and include generic plant and equipment, such as forklift truck, shear, material re-handler.
- All core elements of the apprenticeship programme will need to be completed plus one of the additional options as detailed in the standard.
- Safety will form a key element of the MRGO's role and they will be expected to work safely within a team to ensure material are processed and handled in the correct and safest way.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Apprentice training will be predominantly held on-site, with offsite training (normally 1 day per month) at our designated training provider - Mayor Environmental Ltd, who are based in Nuneaton.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
By gaining our industry specific qualification, which is transferrable to other companies within our industry you have the opportunity to develop and build a long term career.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Mathematics (Grade Level 1) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
MAYER ENVIRONMENTAL LTD.
Metal recycling general operative
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.