Assisting the School Business Manager with all aspects of the development and effective operation of the finance function within the School. The post involves accuracy and attention to detail. The ability to work as part of a team is essential.
Closing date: 05 Sep 2022
After 12 months your apprenticeship salary will go up to minimum wage.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 32
Possible start date
12 Sep 2022
15 Jun 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Process orders ensuring sufficient funds are available beforehand, receive delivered goods and process orders
- Process payments following required authorisation and produce the BACS run.
- Issue petty cash payments ensuring required receipts and signatories are obtained for all purchases and reconcile monthly to PS Financials and agree the remaining cash to trial balance.
- Ensure the safe receipt, handling and banking of monies and cheques received.
- Manage the three school credit cards and reconcile monthly
- Receive, record and bank dinner monies received from pupils or parents/carers. Reconcile weekly and produce end of month returns for Surrey County Council. Chase outstanding debtors.
- Provide assistance to staff with regard to financial issues, for example, placing and following up orders, advising on best value, providing details of alternative suppliers.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
The apprenticeship training will take place in house while you are at the workplace. We book 1 session a week with your allocated tutor. This will be on a platform called Smart Assessor. Here your tutor will go through the modules and units of your course.
We also have 6-8 weeks monthly review plans, this will be with yourself, line manager and tutor.
The training you will be undertaking is Accounts Assistant Level 3.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Possible full-time role on completion of the apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade C/4 Grade or above) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
LET ME PLAY LIMITED
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.