Childcare Practitioner Apprentice KEEP FIT KIDS DAYCARE & CRECHE LIMITED
Day to day you will be caring for children aged 3 months to 5 years. Supporting them to develop and grow. Getting creative with different activities such as Forest school, science. Music and dance.
Closing date: 06 Sep 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
12 Sep 2022
17 Jun 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Support all staff in the setting and actively work to promote good team work and excellent communication skills
- To develop and maintain strong partnerships and communication with parents/carers to facilitate day-to-day caring and early learning needs.
- To ensure the provision of a high quality environment to meet the needs of individual children having an awareness of any disabilities, family cultures and medical histories.
- To advise manager/deputy manager of any concerns relating to children, parents and the safety of the environment, you must preserve confidentiality as necessary.
- To be involved in out of working hours activities, e.g. training, monthly staff meetings, summer fayre and nursery events.
- To be flexible within working practices of the setting, undertaking other responsible duties where needed, such as domestic tasks, preparation of snacks and meals, cleansing of equipment, putting out bins, laundry, front of house any other task deemed suitable by the management team. You also need to be flexible with regard to working in different rooms as and when required to ensure effective operation of the nursery
- To ensure that health and safety standards are maintained at all times
- To work alongside the manager and staff team to ensure that the setting’s philosophy is fulfilled.
- To read, understand and adhere to all policies and procedures relevant to your role and the safe running of the setting.
- To develop your role within the team, especially with regard to being a key person you must keep children’s learning stories up to date, including photographs and you must take daily observations of the children in your care
- To keep completely confidential any information regarding the children, their families or other staff that is acquired as part of the job.
- To be aware of the high profile of the setting and to uphold its standards at all times. To be an ambassador for Keep Fit Kids both within the nursery and in the wider community.
- To ensure good standards of safety, hygiene and cleanliness are maintained at all times.
- To complete daily risk assessments and activity risk assessments when needed
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
During your apprenticeship you will be working towards your Level 3 Early years Educator qualification. Training will be delivered on the job with 20% off the job hours for course work, with an assessor from The Learning Foundry making appointments once a month to observe work and assign coursework units.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Once you have completed your level 3 you can progress to a room leader, third in charge deputy and manager. Your level 3 opens doors for further education university degrees and more.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4 C) Essential
About the employer
KEEP FIT KIDS DAYCARE & CRECHE LIMITED
THE LEARNING FOUNDRY LIMITED
0300 123 8088
Early years educator
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.