To undertake training to be efficient in all aspects of the Corrugation, Conversion and Despatch process at Smurfitt Kappa.
Closing date: 08 Jan 2023
The wage range for this position is £12,000 - £15,000 depending on experience.
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
19 Jan 2023
15 Jun 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Learn and develop behaviours that drive a health and safety culture to create a healthy and risk free working environment.
- Learn and complete weekly/daily E-Stop checks.
- Contribute toward accident investigations.
- Read and sign off safe system, LOTOTO, risk assessments.
- Ensure correct isolation procedures and carried out.
- Demonstrate the right attitude and behaviours to succeed in the Universal Operations Program.
- Get involved in Internal and External complaint investigations / learn from internal quality complaints system.
- Be responsible for the quality produced during your shift. Report any deviations.
- Use OMP comment to communicate any issues, for example shorts, waste.
- Ensure all Quality checks are in place.
- Understand in detail the principles of the Corrugating process as described in the Operating Standards.
- Understand in details the principles of the Conversion process as described in the Operating Standards.
- Meet the production targets as communicated with the respective Area Owners.
- Use and own visual and interactive Corrugator / Conversion performance communication board for shiftily/daily/weekly use.
- Learn and develop core behaviours.
- Ensure compliance to policies, rules and procedures.
- Work with internal mentors and external trainers to meet the assessment criteria of the Universal Operations apprenticeship programme on time and to the required standard.
- Be adaptable to work in every area of the business. This role would require training throughout the business Process Map.
- Commit to personal and team development through application of the Performance Development Plan.
- Provide up to date high standard and accurate records of your work throughout the programme which will be subject for review and assessment.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Lean Manufacturing Operative - Level 2 Intermediate Apprenticeship is 100% based in the workplace with regular Assessor visits to the workplace and Teams sessions.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
The jobholder has a key profile role within the business to ensure that all business objectives are achieved and a sustainable programme is in place for the future prosperity of the Yate site. On completion of the Apprenticeship, if successful, a permanent position may be available.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C) Desired
About the employer
Lean manufacturing operative
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.