Pilgrim Primary Academy is a vibrant, friendly, widely diverse and inclusive school located at the heart of Plymouth. We are looking for an enthusiastic, committed Teaching Assistant apprentice. The ideal candidate will be hard working, resilient, friendly and outgoing. They will have a passion for supporting young children’s learning.
Closing date: 22 Aug 2022
30 hours per week, term time contract, working 39 weeks per year.
Total hours per week: 30
Possible start date
05 Sep 2022
16 Jun 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Pilgrim Primary Academy is a vibrant, friendly, widely diverse and inclusive school located at the heart of Plymouth city centre and is part of Reach South Academy Trust, a growing Multi Academy Trust in the South West. We are looking for an enthusiastic, motivated and committed Teaching Assistant apprentice to join our team working across the school. The ideal candidate will be hard working, resilient, friendly and outgoing. They will have a passion for supporting young children’s learning and development and enjoy working as part of a team.
- Assist in getting the classroom ready for lessons and clearing away afterwards so as to maintain a safe and clean environment
- Assisting Teachers in preparing the lesson materials and school equipment
- Recording and reporting a pupil’s progress to the Teacher
- Helping pupils stay focused during class hours
- Supervising group activities, sports events and school outings
- Helping Teachers manage student behaviour
- Looking after children who are unwell or upset
- Providing a healthy and safe learning environment for children
- Be able to display effective communication skills with both children and adults
- Be eager to work collaboratively in a wider team, adaptable and open to new ideas and practices
- Be a fast and highly flexible thinker, being able to deal with change and unpredictability positively with a ‘can-do’ attitude
- An interest in SEND pupils and pupil wellbeing would be advantageous
We can offer you:
- An extended, supportive team which promotes the development and well-being of everyone in our school community
- Friendly and enthusiastic children who are actively involved in shaping the development of our school
- A caring and friendly atmosphere where everyone’s contribution is valued
- The chance to be imaginative, take risks in learning and be innovative whilst raising attainment
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
On our 15-18-month Level 3 Teaching Assistant apprenticeship standard, you will work towards the following:
Behaviours, Skills & Knowledge
Functional Skills in maths and English at level 2 (if not already exempt through prior qualifications)
End-Point Assessment (EPA)
You will have regular visits at the workplace from a designated College assessor to observe your progress and competence in the role you are carrying out.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
There may be the potential for employment upon successful completion of the apprenticeship, for the right candidate either within Pilgrim Primary Academy or at other schools within Reach South Academy Trust. The Trust operates 10 other schools in Plymouth and opportunties are available for the right individual.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Math (Grade 4-9 (A-C)) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
PLYMOUTH ARGYLE FOOTBALL IN THE COMMUNITY TRUST
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.