Childcare/Early Years Educator Level 3 Apprentice KIDDIES KINGDOM DAYCARE LIMITED
Kiddies Kingdom is looking for a Childcare Apprentice to support children throughout the setting, working with children from age 18 months to 8 years. You will work and interact directly with children on a day to day basis supporting the planning of and delivery of activities, purposeful play and educational programmes within the Nursery.
Closing date: 21 Aug 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.0
Possible start date
29 Aug 2022
15 Jun 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
You will work and interact directly with children on a day to day basis supporting the planning of and delivery of activities, purposeful play opportunities and educational programmes within the Nursery. You will work as part of a professional team ensuring the welfare and care for children under the guidance and supervision of qualified staff.
You will interact with parents, children, colleagues and wider multi agency professionals and partners such as health visitors, social workers and speech and language therapists.
The postholder will:
- Remain professional and approachable at all times with all members of staff, parents and visitors.
- Be flexible over shift patterns to ensure that the nursery is functioning safely at all times and complying with safe standards at work.
- Ensure a safe environment for children, parents and visitors in accordance with policies and procedures and the Health & Safety Act at Work 1974.
- Maintain Standards of Care
- Communicate professionally and courteously with colleagues, children, parents and visitors.
- Report all accidents and incidents in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Manage complaints as appropriate to their level of responsibility in accordance with the Complaints Policy.
- Be aware of Disciplinary and Grievance procedures.
- Ensure that record keeping is up to date and records are kept in accordance with Standards for Records and Record Keeping.
- Keep up to date with new practices
The postholder will carry out all the duties of this post in compliance with:
- Equal Opportunities Policies and practice and related policy guidelines.
- The legal requirements of the S D Act 1975.
- The legal requirements of the Race Relations Act 1976.
- The legal requirements of the Disability Discrimination Act 1995.
Nursery Files and Letters are strictly confidential. The post holder must not divulge any details about the care of children nor indulge in conversations likely to prejudice the care of any child.
This job description is an outline only and may be amended to take account of changes within the Nursery.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Level 3 Early Years Educator Apprenticeship Standard
Function Skills Level 2 in maths and English Language if required.
Full training will be provided on an ongoing daily basis and when required. You will be working towards a NVQ qualification. An assessor will be allocated to you to progress/help you through you course. Continual assessment for NVQ’s coupled with assignments/or exams depending on course of study. No college attendance is required, your course will be delivered in your workplace.
Time spent training will be part of the agreed contracted hours of the working week. At the end of your training you will sit an exam and submit course work as part of your assessment, and you will receive a Level 3 qualification.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
The possibility of a full time post upon completing the apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
NVQ or SVQ Level 2 or equivalent Early Years/Childcare (Grade Level 2) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
KIDDIES KINGDOM DAYCARE LIMITED
DUDLEY COLLEGE OF TECHNOLOGY
Early years educator
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.