Working in Finance Operations you will learn all aspects of Finance Transactions including Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable, you will also have some exposure to our Payroll process. Support will also be given in our Fraud team checking online orders.
Closing date: 22 Aug 2022
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
05 Sep 2022
15 Jun 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Accurate and timely processing of invoices - specifically, inputting, coding, PO matching invoices
- Investigate and resolve pricing and quantity discrepancies on invoices using internal systems
- Working towards individual and team targets for invoice targets
Assist in filing and maintain accuracy of filing systems
- Communicating with departments across the business
- Identify and escalate any known issues and conflicts to the Team Leader
- Adherence to contractual obligations, in particular legal and regulatory requirements
- Accurate and timely processing of invoices
- Accurate and timely checking of data prior to raising invoices
- Investigate and resolve queries with the trading team
- Chasing of overdue invoices by email and telephone
- Assist in the fraud screening of customer orders
- Assist Payments manager in the reconciliation of payments to Oracle statement lines
- Assist Head of Finance Operations and other Finance Operation Managers in current projects.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Working towards completing Level 2 Accounts/Finance Assistant Apprenticeship Standard. Attend Hertford Regional College one day per week to achieve AAT Foundation certificate in accounting (Level 2).
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Career progression includes move to Commercial Finance or FP&A depending on study and career plans
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade A-C (9-4)) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
HERTFORD REGIONAL COLLEGE
The Apprenticeship Team
Accounts or finance assistant
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.