This is a fantastic opportunity to train as a Print Technician with a well-established business. A qualified Print Technician can apply their core skills and knowledge to develop into careers in production, sales and management in the UK and worldwide print industry.
Closing date: 27 Jul 2022
£246 per week.
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
08 Aug 2022
15 Jun 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
You will gain an understanding of the following:
- The printing industry and its markets
- How the business operates including its culture, values, processes and how you fit in
- Technical knowledge and print industry practices, processes and the materials used to carry out the occupation effectively, e.g. practices can include maintenance and continuous improvement; processes include printing, quality assurance and colour management
- Pre-press, press and post-press processes and equipment and the commercial impact of their role e.g. ensuring that printed material is presented to post-press in perfect condition
- Customers’ expectations in terms of order specification and timescales
- Quality expectations and how they are managed
- How best to solve problems and implement practical solutions in a timely manner
You will be taught the following skills:
- Efficiently operate print machinery and equipment according to the order specification and timescale
- Follow a structured approach and methodology to identify areas for improvement, proposing and implementing solutions
- Carry out work to required quality standards, targets and deadlines. Standards include colour matching, print resolution and matching customer specification and individual company standards
- Keep accurate records using both digital and manual processes as required
- Communicate and work effectively with others, including giving clear instructions to colleagues
- Implement practical solutions in a timely manner
- Ability to supervise and instruct print operatives
- Ability to take the lead as required
You will learn the following behaviours in the workplace and will be expected to demonstrate these:
- Willing to both listen and learn. Be dependable, reliable and flexible. Perform role in a safe manner by following company policies and guidelines
- Work effectively with others in a team. Carry out work with integrity and discretion. Work with others to create improvements. Work with other departments and teams to provide support of a technical nature as required
- Open to new ideas such as new technologies and working practices
- Follow process and procedures to ensure that work meets specifications. Report consistently and accurately
- Communicate effectively and recognises the importance of good communication
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship, the qualification obtained will be a Level 3 Print Technician apprenticeship standard.
The Print Technician will have a strong core of knowledge covering the print production process, including paper science, pre-press, press and post-press, and will specialise and supplement this core knowledge by following one of the three options; Pre-Press Technician, Press Technician or Post-Press Technician.
The apprentice will be given sufficient time to undertake their "off-the-job" requirement of the apprenticeship.
Throughout your time as an apprentice, you will be supported by both Labelnet and the BPIF. You will be assigned a training coordinator to ensure that you have the best training available. Training requirements will be discussed at the point of employment to suit your individual needs and business needs. Most training and studying will be site-based.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Full time position within the business upon completing the apprenticeship. This could be wherever best suited.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C or equivalent) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
BPIF TRAINING LIMITED
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.