As a Youth Worker Apprentice, you will be helping people aged 16 and over to live the life they want, ensuring they have choices and control over the planning and delivery of their support. The people who attend the service have learning difficulties and/or mental health support needs so an interest in these areas is required.
Closing date: 01 Sep 2022
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
02 Sep 2022
17 Jun 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
As an Apprentice Youth Support Worker, you will be supporting people aged sixteen and over to live the life they want, ensuring they have choice and control over the planning and delivery of their support. The people who attend the service have learning disabilities and mental health support needs. You must be creative, enjoy being outside and be able to work in a kitchen or cafe environment. You will inspire the people you work with to try new things and be prepared to take part in the activities yourself. You will create and deliver an activities programme to meet the needs of the people you support.
You will enjoy variety and assist people in the following ways:
- Enable people to learn the skills they need to live the life they choose.
- Working with service user support plans to deliver an outcome focused service. This includes developing and delivering their support plan and reviewing the support they receive.
- Lead the group in activities.
- Training, supporting, and encouraging people to find opportunities in education, employment, leisure and enable them to take part in these opportunities.
- Supporting people with their day-to-day travel arrangements.
- You will have to keep some written records, using IT systems as required, including support plans, financial information, health and safety records.
- Responsible for adult and children’s safeguarding.
- Complete risk assessments.
In addition to the above, an Apprentice Support Worker is expected to:
- Be prepared to work flexibly.
- Complete all required training either by e-learning or attending courses.
- Adhere to our policies, procedures and standards as published. Keep information about the people we support, colleagues and the company confidential.
- We want you to develop professionally as an Apprentice Support Worker. This means that you are expected to get involved and contribute to meetings, work towards gaining qualifications, attend training courses and be willing to learn new skills and ways of working.
- You are expected to keep all areas clean and tidy.
You will be responsible for keeping the kitchen area clean and follow daily record keeping procedures.
The duties and expectations in this job description are not exhaustive. You may be required to undertake other duties from time to time within the general scope of the post.
ADAMHS is a person-centred day service which was created to provide high quality, value for money services to adults with learning disabilities and mental health support needs. ADAMHS is dedicated to re-investing in people and the local community by providing high quality support with measurable outcomes.
- Put People First.
- Be Transparent.
- Go The Extra Mile.
- Be Creative.
- Be Adaptable.
- To engage with service users, listen to their needs/wishes and support them to live a life they value.
- To work alongside service users so they can grow and feel valued.
- To employ and develop capable and understanding people.
- To build a growing, sustainable business driven by our values.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Training towards Adult Care Worker Level 2 you will train 100% in the workplace. Training is provided and is completed online. You must have a level 4 in Maths and level 4 English to be considered for the position.
You will work at ADAMHS 20-22 Bridge Street East, Middlesbrough, TS2 1NY
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Once you have gained the Adult Care Worker Level 2 qualification you will have the practical experience needed to work in many Health & Social Care settings. The right candidate could potentially move onto a level 3 qualification or higher.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
About the employer
SMART TRAINING AND RECRUITMENT LIMITED
Adult care worker
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.