Pistachio Bar & Kitchen are looking for an apprentice to join their kitchen team as an apprentice chef. This is a unique opportunity working as part of a passionate team in a successful restaurant located in Sherwood
Closing date: 19 Aug 2022
Holiday Entitlement (Min 20 days + 8 bank holidays or 28 days)
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
22 Aug 2022
23 Jun 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Within this role you will gain a range of skills and experience in various departments pivotal to working in the food industry.
You will gain day to day experience in the day-to-day duties involved in carrying hospitality role, alongside this the
provision of excellent customer service.
Duties within the role
Day to day duties will include:
- maintain excellent standards of personal, food and kitchen hygiene
- ensure compliance to procedures, menu specifications and recipes.
- produce food meeting portion controls, and budgetary constraints
- adapting and produce dishes to meet special dietary, religious and allergenic requirements
- follow, complete and maintain production schedules, legislative and quality standard documentation
- use specialist kitchen equipment
- communicate internally and externally with customers and colleagues
- commit to personal development activities
- Produce dishes to suit individuals’ specific dietary, religious and allergenic needs as required. Other duties as required
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Production Chef Level 2-
Functional Skills English and Maths (Level 1 is required )
Day release – One day per week to Nottingham College
15 month duration
Please note that as this is an apprenticeship standard you will be required to sit an end point assessment.
Please refer to above link for more information
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Potential opportunity for a role within the company following successful completion of the apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.