Practice Reception/Administration Assistant Apprentice Gosforth Valley Medical Centre
This role will involve administrating of the appointments system and dealing with enquiries from patients efficiently. Secretarial duties of the practice, both paper and computer-based and communication with all primary healthcare team members. You will also need to ensure the surgery premises are appropriately stewarded and kept tidy.
Closing date: 02 Sep 2022
Total hours per week: 30
Possible start date
05 Sep 2022
14 Jun 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Manage the flow of patients arriving at the reception desk, for appointments, prescriptions or queries.
- Administering of the appointments system.
- Ensure that all visitors & telephone callers to the practice are greeted and managed professionally.
- Provide administrative support for clinical stadd, both paper & computer-based efficiently & promptly.
- Communicate effectively with all Primary Healthcare Team members.
- Ensure surgery premises are appropriately stewarded & kept tidy.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
An apprenticeship allows you to earn a wage, gain valuable work experience and industry specific competence. You will be expected to work towards the Customer Service Practitioner Level 2 Apprenticeship Standard, with support from your employer and the Chesterfield College Group.
As part of your apprenticeship, and dependent on your prior attainment, you may be required to complete maths and English Functional Skills which is an integral part of your apprenticeship. Upon successful completion you will be awarded additional certificates of recognition for these qualifications.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
On completion of a successful fixed term contract, we would explore the opportunity transferring the apprentice to a permanent contract.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4-9) Essential
About the employer
Gosforth Valley Medical Centre
TRAINING SERVICES 2000 LTD
Customer service practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.