A fantastic opportunity to start a career in Painting & Decorating with an established, family run business in Middlesbrough. GV Decorators are looking for a reliable and enthusiastic apprentice to join their growing team.
Closing date: 21 Aug 2022
£10,004.80 to £19,760.00
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).Minimum Wage Rates
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
22 Aug 2022
14 Jun 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
The successful candidate will be trained and supervised in some of the following areas:
- Prepare the work area safely providing dust sheets and protection to furniture and adjacent surfaces
- Identify hazards and risks in the workplace ensuring a safe environment is maintained at all times
- Select, use, maintain and store, paint, tools, wallcoverings, spray equipment, steps, ladders and towers safely
- Follow and maintain work procedures and method statements
- Make the most efficient and effective use of resources, time and materials
- Work to allocated times and schedules for the project
- Identify different building methods e.g. steel frame, reinforced concrete frame, traditional solid wall and cavity wall, block and dry lined which determine the appropriate paint products and specifications
- Advise clients about basic colour choices
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
The successful candidate will be trained in all aspects of Painting & Decorating ranging from understanding the clients requirements through to delivery and meeting expectations. The apprentice will need to show the relevant knowledge, skills and behaviours to achieve this Level 2 Painter & Decorator qualification. The apprentice will be required to attend Stockton Riverside College for 1 day per week (excluding holidays) throughout the duration of this apprenticeship.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
This is a well regarded and recognised qualification in the Painting & Decorating industry. GV Decorators are looking to invest in their workforce and further training and progression will be offered upon completion of this apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
THE EDUCATION TRAINING COLLECTIVE
Painter and decorator
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.