Information Assistant - Exams Apprentice Birmingham Metropolitan College
To provide effective and efficient administration to the examinations team and supporting and maintaining the associated Management Information systems. To advise, guide and decide on student examinations. To contribute to the development and improvement of the service(s) delivered, and of the student experience.
Closing date: 31 Aug 2022
Total hours per week: 35
Possible start date
30 Sep 2022
16 Jun 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
The Data and Information team is responsible for the administrative processes associated with students’ time at BMet, from initial enrolment to examinations, results and certificates. The team is responsible for student data and for the preparation of funding claims through external bodies. The team is split into several groups, each of which has responsibility for delivering specific parts of the service to students and staff.
Key accountabilities will include:
- To work flexibly across the Data and Information team to support the exams services across student records and associated Management Information Systems
- To provide a high quality, effective service in responding to queries in both verbal and written form
- To deliver effective and efficient administration to examinations
- To support the exams officer in ensuring all examination entries, exams, and results are delivered in a timely manner
- To process the certificates for students and ensure results are recorded on the ILR
- To effectively apply relevant data management and information systems
- To understand relevant audit requirements, including changes and developments
- To comply with rules and guidance regarding relevant audit requirements, internal requirements and requirements of external bodies, such as the Education Funding Agency
- To enter data accurately, thoroughly and as instructed
- To support enrolment functions particularly during busy periods as required including enrolment of learners, assessment of funding eligibility and to process fee payments where required
- To report identified data issues to the relevant manager and action issues as appropriate
- To provide audit evidence as required during audits and contribute to the co-ordination of responses to audit requests
- To work across data teams to support data quality, checking reports, rectifying errors and maximising data accuracy
- Commit to, promote and operate in accordance with BMet’s values and goals including but not limited to safeguarding; health and safety; equality, diversity and inclusion
- Commit to and participate in activities as required including but not limited to enrolment and open events; business planning; development
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
You will receive the Apprenticeship standard Business administrator after completing this apprenticeship.
Your training will be once per week and will take place at the employers work place instead of attending college once a week.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Opportunity of a permanent role for the right candidate upon completion.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent maths (Grade 4/C or above) Essential
About the employer
BIRMINGHAM METROPOLITAN COLLEGE
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.