Apprentice Metal Fabricator CHESHIRE SPECIALIST ENGINEERING LTD
We are looking for a dynamic, forward-thinking and safety conscious individual to join our metal fabrication department. You will complete apprenticeship training at level 3 in metal fabrication and become a fully qualified engineer.
Closing date: today
£8,754.20 to £17,290.00
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).Minimum Wage Rates
Total hours per week: 35
Possible start date
18 Aug 2022
13 Jun 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
As an apprentice metal fabricator you will be invovled with the following -
- Preparing and using MIG welding equipment.
- Producing sheet metal components and assemblies.
- Marking out components for metal work.
- Cutting sheet metal to shape using hand and machine tools.
- Forming sheet metal using hand and machine tools.
- Producing sheet metal assemblies .
- Developing and marking out templates for sheet metal.
- Producing fillet welded joints using a manual welding process.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Apprenticeship training will take place at SETA Training and Advisory Services based in Reddish, Stockport and at the employers premises. Delivery will be either day release, block training or full time training. You will work towards a level 3 apprenticeship standard in metal fabrication engineering and gain the following qualifications -
- EAL AUEC Level 2 Foundation Competence.
- Technical Certificate L3 – Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development knowledge).
- EAL NVQ Level 3 in Fabrication and Welding Engineering
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
On completion of apprenticeship training a full time job is on offer.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade Level 4 or above) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Engineering (Grade Level 4 or above) Desired
BTEC or equivalent Engineering (Grade Minimum Pass) Desired
About the employer
STOCKPORT ENGINEERING TRAINING ASSOCIATION LIMITED(THE)
0161 480 9822
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.