The purpose of this role is to work under direction of the IT Manager to assist the IT Support Team providing initial classroom response to support the Academy’s ICT problems and to support students, staff and others in the use, maintenance and proper upkeep of ICT equipment in the academy and at partner schools/academies if requested.
Closing date: 17 Aug 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37
Possible start date
05 Sep 2022
12 Jun 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Responsibilities to include:
• Room Checks of all equipment – listing all faults or damage (hard drive failure etc).
• Checking PCs around the academy are booted and operational throughout the day, to include the use of Senso monitoring software.
• Diagnosis and repair of hardware and software faults, to include PC’s, printers, projectors, whiteboards and all other associated ICT equipment.
• Installation and upgrading of software and hardware to include configuration of new and existing PC’s across the network.
• Installation and configuration of new and existing printers across the network.
• Establishing and maintaining user administration to include setting up and logging password changes including adding and removal of PC’s from the domain.
• Fault diagnosis and repair of student’s data whether on the academy network or portable devices.
• Monitor printer usage and keep printers operational.
• Setting and moving of ICT and AV equipment as and when required.
• Assisting staff and students with file management/printing.
• Maintenance of ICT equipment – changing printer cartridges, removing damaged disks.
• Assisting the Exams Officer with setting up the ICT equipment during student examinations.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Level 3 Digital Support Technician Standard.
This will also include functional skills if required.
End point assessment
Certificate of completion of the standard.
You may have to attend formal college sessions (if English & maths are required).
You will learn the knowledge, skills and behaviours related to the apprenticeship standard.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
This could potentially lead to a full time role for the right candidate but not guaranteed.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
About the employer
LAKELANDS EDUCATIONAL TRUST
HEREFORDSHIRE, LUDLOW, AND NORTH SHROPSHIRE COLLEGE
Digital support technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.