HCC - Members Support Service – clerical / administration apprentice Kingston upon Hull City Council
Hull City Council’s Member Support service are looking for a confident, self-motivated individual to provide a clerical and administrative service to Elected Members of the City Council. This apprenticeship is an excellent opportunity to work with the Council who have a long-standing history of working with and training apprentices.
Closing date: 17 Jul 2022
Wages paid monthly, last working day of each month.
Total hours per week: 37
Possible start date
25 Jul 2022
10 Jun 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Duties will include:
- Undertake routine clerical and administrative duties such as preparation of documents using MS Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Receive enquires from members of the public, officers within the Council and outside organisations, either in person or via telephone, and refer them to the appropriate Elected Member
- Record and monitor enquires via our casework management system
- Maintain Members’ diaries, as requested, to assist with effective time management - to include arranging meetings, making travel, accommodation and hospitality arrangements for Members and or visitors, as required
- Provide support, as and when required, within any office of the Member Support Team
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Public Service Operational Delivery Officer Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard:
Level 2 Award
Functional Skills in maths, English if required
End Point Assessment (EPA)
Operation Delivery Officers have a vital role with Hull City Council
Roles include bringing data and evidence together, and making sure it is correct.
Regular training and development sessions to meet the needs of the employer and the apprentice
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
The successful candidate will be given the opportunity of full time employment upon completion of the advanced apprenticeship if available.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade A-C / 7-4 GCSE or eqivalent) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
Kingston upon Hull City Council
KINGSTON UPON HULL CITY COUNCIL
Employer Engagement Team
Public service operational delivery officer
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.