Business Administration Apprentice Home Instead Cuffley, Cheshunt & Harlow
Co-ordinate office activities effectively and efficiently in order to provide the highest quality service to clients. To support the office team with recruitment administration for carers, scheduling, care coordination, support with client queries, social media and general administration to enable the delivery of a responsive care service.
Closing date: 15 Aug 2022
An additional sum is paid to support the on-call service.
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
30 Aug 2022
09 Jun 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Responsible for all aspects of office administration activities whilst being reactive to the needs of the business.
- Warmly greet visitors to the office; answer phone calls in a polite professional manner, passing on clear messages where appropriate.
- Manage correspondence by responding to emails and handling incoming and outgoing post.
- Maintain effective systems ensuring that all filing and databases are kept up to date.
- Support service delivery process including ensuring compliance and updating systems.
- Support the recruitment and pre-employment checks processes where appropriate.
- Schedule interviews and support candidate selection activities where appropriate.
- Support recruiter to process candidates through the SmartRecruiters ApplicantTracking System (ATS) in a timely manner ensuring data is accurate.
- Support office team with ensuring Carers training records are up to date on e-learning software.
- Support the office team with organising local community events.
- Coordinate CAREGiver retention activities such as newsletters, CAREGiver of the month etc.
- Support projects and IT initiatives where appropriate.
- Support with weekly audits.
- Carry out any other duties deemed necessary for the successful operation of the business.
- Ensure compliance with Home Instead’s Equality, Diversity and Equal Opportunities Policy, in respect of employment and service delivery.
- Be willing to cover client visits where necessary due to carer absence / sickness.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Working towards completing Level 3 Business Administrator Apprenticeship Standard. Work based learning with monthly workshops and Hertford Regional College.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
There will be opportunities for progression and a permanent position subject to performance. The administration role may be a gateway to further career opportunities, such as management or senior support roles.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade A-C (9-4)) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
HERTFORD REGIONAL COLLEGE
The Apprenticeship Team
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.