Ben Nock Ltd are offering an exciting opportunity to join their passionate and friendly team as a Horticulture Apprentice. You will gain valuable experience and knowledge along with an insight into the industry.
Closing date: 04 Oct 2022
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
17 Oct 2022
10 Jun 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Your day-to-day duties may include:
- discussing clients’ needs
- working from plans made by garden designers or landscape architects
- ordering supplies
- preparing the ground or interior space
- turfing and seeding lawns
- planting and pruning trees and shrubs
- putting in new plants
- installing features like paving, paths, water features and rock gardens
- advising the client on how to look after the space
- providing on-going maintenance
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- You will be working towards a Level 2 Horticulture and Landscape Operative Apprenticeship Standard. This will include Level 3 award in emergency first aid at work and Level 2 Principles of Safe Handling and Application of Pesticides Guidance OR Level 2 Award in the Safe Use of Pesticides.
- You will receive on and off the job training and support from an assessor and an Apprenticeship Advisor.
- You will be required to attend Bicton College on a block release basis as part of the apprenticeship training.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
They would like to train to keep the right person and this will be reviewed at the end of the apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 3/D) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
Horticulture or landscape construction operative
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.