You will develop skills and capabilities within the R&C departments with potential for specialism and subject matter expertise. You will become a key member of the team and build your network to promote R&C to the wider LME Group. You will have the access to all levels of R&C team members with expertise in an engaging and friendly work environment.
Closing date: 10 Feb 2023
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
20 Feb 2023
13 Jun 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Assist in the daily reporting and monitoring of the LME Metals and Collateral markets and measuring the risk exposure of member and counterparty portfolios
- Assist in analysis of Member and Counterpart Credit Scoring
- Support Senior team Members across daily tasks as well as projects
- Preparation of daily, monthly and all committee reports
- Develop understanding to be able to advise internal stakeholders on internal and external market conditions
- Assist in the reporting (BAU, and ad-hoc) to regulators in the UK and internationally.
- Perform internal analysis and assist in applications for the LME and LME Clear to provide access from new jurisdictions
- Engage with LME Group employees to help comply with relevant regulatory requirements – including when developing new business initiatives
- Assist with the management of LME Clear’s annual CPMI-IOSCO PFMI self-assessment and public disclosure document
- Assist in the regular review and development of LME Group’s compliance policies
- Review staff compliance declarations (e.g. conflicts of interest, gifts and entertainment and make recommendations prior to management approval)
- Contribute to the creation and development of management information
- Assist in monitoring and testing reviews of the business as part of the Compliance Monitoring Programme
- Assistance with arranging meetings of Boards and Committees; liaison with Board and Committee Members
- Assistance with making company filings and administration
- Attending meetings of Committees and writing first drafts of minutes
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Compliance and risk officer level 3 apprenticeship
The apprentice will complete one appropriate professional qualification
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Previous Apprentices have secured specialist roles of their interest with full support of career path
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
THE GROWTH COMPANY LIMITED
Compliance and risk officer
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.