This is an exciting opportunity for a Digital Print Apprentice based in Brighton (BN1 8AF). Our team in Brighton is made up of only 15 people, so you will be a key part of the team, learning and developing your digital print skills from our best and most experienced skilled team members.
Closing date: 19 Jul 2022
£9,379.50 to £18,525.00
Wage dependent on age. £4.81 - £9.50 per hour initially, rising with progression and development. We can offer a competitive salary, enhanced holiday allowance, employee support program, cycle to work scheme and free on-site parking.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).Minimum Wage Rates
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
02 Aug 2022
09 Jun 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
As an apprentice you will be fully supported in undertaking a range of on the job learning and tutor-led training to become a fully qualified digital printer.
Key Performance Tasks:
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of all areas of digital print
- Undertake relevant studies as necessary with BPIF
- Assist Printers in setting up machinery and carrying out pre-press production tasks such as plate making
- Assisting with the running and clean down of machinery to ensure presses are kept continually running
- To become familiar with machinery and equipment
- Understand colour theory
- Understanding receipt, checking, and processing of digital files
- Work in accordance with Company HSE procedures to ensure compliance with working practices and standards at all times
- Be receptive to cross train in all areas of the business
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship, the qualification obtained will be a Level 3 Print Technician Apprenticeship Standard.
The apprentice will be given sufficient time to undertake their "Off-the-Job" requirement of the apprenticeship.
Throughout your time as an apprentice, you will be supported by both Image XPS and the BPIF. You will be assigned a training coordinator to ensure that you have the best training available. Training requirements will be discussed at the point of employment to suit your individual needs and business needs. Most training and studying will be site based.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Become a full-time print operative who can run different models/specifications, specialising in colour management.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C or equivalent) Essential
GCSE or equivalent IT or Technology (Grade 4/C or equivalent) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
BPIF TRAINING LIMITED
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.