An exciting opportunity for a Print Finisher Apprentice based in Willerby/Hull (HU10 6EB). You will be a key part of the team, learning & developing your digital print skills from our best and most experience skilled team members.
Closing date: 19 Jul 2022
£9,379.50 to £18,525.00
Wage dependent on age. £4.81 - £9.50 per hour initially, rising with progression and development. We can offer competitive salary, enhanced holiday allowance, employee support program, cycle to work scheme & free on-site parking.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).Minimum Wage Rates
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
02 Aug 2022
09 Jun 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Work to carry out all aspects of mechanical finishing operations to ensure that production output continually meets specified quality standards and agreed levels, within the required timescales.
A hard-working and versatile person to work in our busy print finishing department.
Main duties will include:
- Working independently or as part of a team to produce printed products from different resources – paper, cardboard, plastics, textiles etc.
- Use various pieces of equipment to produce hand finished & mechanical finished products such as punching, wire-o-binding, counting, binding
- Packing and picking from our warehouse
- Preparing orders for dispatch
- Maintaining equipment, tools, and machinery
- Work in accordance with company quality procedures at all times to ensure compliance with working practices and standards
- Once trained, show you have the ability to operate machinery in the most effective & safe manner
- Ensure the allocated machinery/equipment you use, is checked before use
- Ensure the finishing area and your allocated machinery is kept clean and tidy by carrying out daily inspections at the start and end of each shift
- Ensure all documentation is completed accurately to ensure that a true record of work produced is available at all times
- Perform other duties as reasonably correspond to the general requirements of the post and are appropriate to its level of responsibility in order to contribute to the success of the Company
- It is the responsibility of all employees to comply with Health and Safety Legislation and Company Policy. This involves maintaining safe working conditions (including equipment), drawing attention to hazards and taking reasonable care of themselves and others. Employees must ensure that all necessary safety devices and protective equipment are used and comply with the operation of the Health & Safety Policy
- You will need to have good hand-eye coordination, attention to detail, and being able to stand for long periods of time is essential
- Ability to occasionally lift heavy loads with training given for use of aids & correct lifting procedures
- Experience in production work would be beneficial but not essential as full training will be given
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship, the qualification obtained will be a Level 3 Print Technician Apprenticeship Standard (post-press pathway).
The apprentice will be given sufficient time to undertake their "Off-the-Job" requirement of the apprenticeship.
Throughout your time as an apprentice, you will be supported by both Image Colour Print and the BPIF. You will be assigned a training coordinator to ensure that you have the best training available. Training requirements will be discussed at the point of employment to suit your individual needs and business needs. Most training and studying will be site based.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Become a full-time print operative who can run different models/specifications specialising in colour management.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C or equivalent) Essential
GCSE or equivalent IT or Technology (Grade 4/C or equivalent) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
BPIF TRAINING LIMITED
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.