Wireman Production Technician Apprentice SURFACE TECHNOLOGY INTERNATIONAL LIMITED
STI Limited seek to recruit an enthusiastic and driven person who has a passion for engineering, to work within their Manufacturing / Wiring Team. This role will vary from working on small mechanical/wired assemblies, complex LRU’s up to 19” Rack Systems and Naval Antennas.
Closing date: 30 Aug 2022
Total hours per week: 37
Possible start date
05 Sep 2022
16 Jun 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
• Looming and routing of different types of cables.
• Use of crimp tools and being able to identify the correct one, e.g. DMC, Huber + Suhner, Molex + others.
• Connector terminations – RF, Data, Power, Semi Rigid (forming and termination).
• Multi pin connectors (D-type to 55-way circular) including EMC protection.
• Basic soldering on connectors and cables.
• Slip rings, cables with junctions, splices (soldered and crimped), multi core cables.
• Rack assemblies with fixed units, wiring basic racks, Power, RF and Data wiring.
• Assembly and wiring of racks with withdrawable units, fitting of waveguide connectors.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Level 3 Engineering Fitter Apprenticeship Qualification
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
After completion of your apprenticeship you will potentially have the opportunity to progress onto full time positions within the business.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 5/B+) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
Maxim Business Training
01625 410 000
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.