This is a fantastic opportunity for an apprentice who is looking to take their first steps into the finance world. Alongside your studies you will assist all aspects of our finance function whilst developing the crucial key skills needed for a successful career in finance.
Closing date: 23 Aug 2022
16-17 years £5.81 18-20 years £7.83
Total hours per week: 35
Possible start date
15 Sep 2022
08 Jun 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Processing purchase ledger invoices onto the accounts system in preparation for payment.
- Sending invoices out within the company for authorisation and chasing up when they fall due.
- Importing invoices onto the accounts system from the Bodyshop Management System.
- Sending out remittances to suppliers during payment run.
- Handling supplier telephone calls including payment enquiries.
- Reconciling statements against purchase ledger and requesting copy invoices.
- Assisting the credit control team with all aspects including allocations, reconciliation & debt collection.
- Managing the daily post; distributing both incoming and outgoing post.
- Other ad hoc duties to assist management when necessary, including letter writing.
- Use of a range of computer software including Microsoft Outlook, Word & Excel.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Formal training is delivered by the learning provider HWGTA located in Worcester (WR4 9GN), monthly visits from your assigned Monitoring Officer who will analyse your development and will prepare you for your End Point Assessment to gain your qualification. AAT Level 2 qualification is also obtained.
You will receive weekly training which is a combination of face to face and remote, the remaining 4 days will be in the workplace.
Additional training for functional skills in English and Maths if needed.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
We continue to provide support up to the next level of CIMA. Potential for the right candidate to join the management accounts team.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 9-4/A*-C) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
GEMINI REPAIRS LIMITED
HEREFORDSHIRE AND WORCESTERSHIRE GROUP TRAINING ASSOCIATION LIMITED
Charlotte Anderson Ilic
Accounts or finance assistant
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.