Doordeals are looking to recruit Warehouse operatives to join the team at our new Sheepbridge warehouse to help drive and support our rapid growth. You will be working as part of a small team which is a happy and integrated workforce. Senior staff started in the warehouse and have since progressed within the business.
Closing date: 02 Sep 2022
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
05 Sep 2022
08 Jun 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Lifting and moving bulky stock items
- Picking and allocating stock
- Packaging goods up for dispatch
- Checking quality of goods
- Glazing timber doors (training provided)
- Loading and unloading vehicles both manually & with FLT (training provided if required)
- Checking products off against delivery notes (checking door sizes with tape measure, measuring glass apertures etc...)
- Inputting data onto a computer system
- Dealing with customers in person and over the phone, acting in a courteous, polite and professional manner with all customers
- Stock checking
- Maintaining a clean and tidy workspace
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
An apprenticeship allows you to earn a wage, gain valuable work experience and industry specific competence. You will be expected to work towards the Supply Chain Warehouse Operative Standard Level 2 with support from your employer and Learning Unlimited.
As part of your apprenticeship and dependent on your prior attainment you may be required to complete maths, and English Functional Skills which is an integral part of your apprenticeship. Upon successful completion you will be awarded an additional certificates of recognition for these qualifications.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Potential progression onto a higher apprenticeship level or full time employment at the end of their apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent GCSE Maths (Grade 3/D or Above) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
Supply chain warehouse operative
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.