We now require a Logistics apprentice to join our production team. The role is a full-time role which focuses on supporting customers delivery requirements. We are looking for the right candidate who can be trained in the various operations in order to become our future logistics manager.
Closing date: 16 Dec 2022
Pay increments based on performance with progression opportunities at the end of first year of apprenticeships.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37
Possible start date
03 Jan 2023
07 Jun 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Gerneral warehouse duties including safe use of operating machinery, complying with H&S rules and regualtions, use correct equipement
- Work individually and as part of a team to safely move and handle objects; maintain a high level of housekeeping and manage waste effectively; know where to find instructions or guidance; check for damaged or missing items as appropriate; take responsibility for maintaining health, safety and security of people at all times
- Booking parts in/out using our MRP Radan system
- Liaising with all departments, suppliers and customers to organise deliveries/collections
- Wrapping/counting and labelling parts
- Raising subcontract purchase orders
- Attending apprenticeship training with Protocol once per month
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks and assist in general clerical and administrative duties to ensure the smooth running of the Commercial Department as necessitated by your changing role and the overall business objectives
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
You will work towards achieveing the Supply chain warehouse operative level 2 qualification.
Training to be onsite at employer location, and at training provider offices based in Birmingham city centre.
Training will take 1 day per week
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Long term progression working towards logistics manager role.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent maths (Grade A-C or 4-9) Desired
About the employer
TRANSWORLD PUBLICATIONS SERVICES LIMITED
Supply chain warehouse operative
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.