Early Years Practitioner Apprentice Eastwood Community School
As an Early Years Practitioner at Eastwood Primary School you will work effectively as part of the Early Years team, providing a stimulating and caring environment for children to enable them to learn and thrive.
Closing date: 11 Jul 2022
Starting at £5.30 age dependant, rising to £9.50 per hour
Total hours per week: 35
Possible start date
18 Jul 2022
07 Jun 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Main Duties / Responsibilities
· Contribute towards providing a high standard of physical, emotional, social and
· intellectual care for children in EYFS.
· Support children learning numeracy and language skills through play and interactive games.
· Assist with the supervision of activities, such as arts and crafts, music, cooking, outdoor provision and trips / visits.
· Understand and adhere to school/EYFS policies and procedures, particularly in
· relation to safeguarding, behaviour, health and safety and emergencies.
· Liaise with parents/carers to share information about their child’s progress.
Support for children
· Alongside school staff, deliver an exciting play programme suitable to the age ranges
· and developmental needs of children in the setting.
· Assist with planning and delivering activities which help children work towards achieving
· the Early Learning Goals (ELGs).
· Assist with providing a caring and stimulating environment for all children, including those with additional needs, which takes into account their developmental needs and allows them to reach their full potential.
· Play an active role in observing children in the setting to identify their individual needs and
· make recommendations to the setting leader for requirements where necessary.
· Assist in setting up areas of provision in order to progress and develop learning.
· Demonstrate a genuine care for the children in the setting, effectively supervising groups
· of children in your responsibility, and ensuring their safety at all times.
· Take an active interest in children and their families, treating them with respect at all
· times and maintaining high levels of communication with parents/carers in particular, welcoming their concerns and questions.
· Provide support for any children with SEND and liaise with colleagues and the setting leaders to promote their welfare and development as required.
· Provide intimate care for children where required, ensuring this is done in line with the
· School’s Intimate Care Policy.
· Ensure positive management of children’s behaviour, in line with the school’s
· Relationships and Behaviour Policy.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
We will support and coach the apprentice through the apprenticeship standard. We will carry out both curriculum and pastoral care. We will carry out the skills development workshop days off site. We will oversee the teaching and learning around the knowledge, behaviours and skills elements of the standard, outlined below. We will manage the apprentices OneFile account ensuring targets, milestones and deadlines are achieved.
Diploma for the Early Years Workforce (Early Years Practitioner)
Award in Pediatric First Aid
Will be required one day a week for 12.3 months
Personal and people Development
Working on your own as well as part of a team, seeking help and guidance when you are not sure
Health, Safety and Security
Maintain a safe and healthy working environment
Adhering to legislations appropriate to the industry
Equality and Diversity
Follow the principles of equality, diversity and inclusion
Functional Skills Qualification - if applicable
Level 2 Functional Skills in English
Level 2 Functional Skills in Maths
End point assessment : support learner with portfolio, multiple choice question exam, observation and interview with the end point assessor.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Potential full time job upon completion of the apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 5) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Childcare (Grade 4) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
LUMINATE EDUCATION GROUP
Early years practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.