A fantastic opportunity has come up at Holyport School for a garden/grounds person role. The role is very varied with some work on the college gardens and sport pitches. A role not to be missed!
Closing date: 31 Aug 2022
Total hours per week: 37
Possible start date
01 Sep 2022
06 Jun 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Undertake all aspects of ground maintenance including mowing lawns and playing fields, maintenance of the all weather pitch, use of mini tractor, leaf clearance, sweeping, litter picking, emptying bins, planting and weeding
- In cooperation with others helping with the green house, planting and propagation of plants
- Maintaining the pond and its filter
- Assist with College sustainability projects, including helping with the College’s bio processor
- Monitor standards of grounds care and report outcomes to the Estates Manager
- Undertake site maintenance under the direction of the Estates Manager
- After training, undertaking or assisting with the repair of door handles, locks, windows, furniture, and garden equipment and painting both indoors and outdoor
- Assist if required with laundry and cleaning
- To undertake any other tasks as directed by the Estates Manager or Bursar
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- During your time at our College you will be collating evidence of learning, be observed and receive training as to how we do things
- This is averaged over a 24 month period and includes time spent at the beginning of the programme completing ‘sign-up’ & functional skills assessment
- An assessor will visit you in the work-place every four to eight weeks.
- You will receive a Level 2 Diplioma in Horticulture on completion of your Apprenticeship
- One day a week at college
- English & Maths Functional Skills unless exempt
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Possibility of a full time post upon completion of Apprenticeship.
You will gain satisfaction and self-confidence from knowing your capabilities have been successfully assessed against an established national framework.
The professional qualifications behind the Apprenticeship Programme and the experience through the Hortic diploma role will provide you with a great opportunity to progress your career with us and explore development opportunities that are available to you.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 5 / C or above) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
BERKSHIRE COLLEGE OF AGRICULTURE, THE (BCA)
Horticulture or landscape operative
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.