Apprentice Childcare Practitioner KIDS IN BLOOM AT PRESCOT LTD
Are you looking for a career in childcare? We are looking to recruit, and expectations are always high so please only apply if you are passionate about working with children and want to be part of a hard working, fun and caring team.
Closing date: 06 Sep 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
12 Sep 2022
15 Jun 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- To have a full understanding of their responsibility with regard to safeguarding children.
- To be willing to obtain an appropriate First Aid Certificate.
- To plan, resource and operate an environment that promotes appropriate learning through play within the Early Years Foundation Stage 2021 Framework.
- To treat all children individually.
- To help create a secure and consistent atmosphere within the nursery in which the children can flourish happily.
- To be flexible and willing to work with all age groups in the nursery when necessary predominantly working with 0-4 year olds.
- To work as part of a team, having a professional attitude towards all colleagues.
To have a good working knowledge of all nursery policies and procedures.
- To use initiative when appropriate.
- To keep up to date with current best practice and be willing to attend training courses.
- To adhere to the nursery dress code at all times.
- To attend all staff meetings.
- To be punctual, reliable, honest and trust worthy.
- To supervise children at mealtimes and to promote healthy habits.
- To liaise with parents in a friendly and professional manner.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
You will be working towards a Level 2 Early Years Practitioner. Training will be delivered on the job and by regular visits from one of our assessors at The Learning Foundry with monthly online workshops. Candidates may also be required to attend the city centre campus for additional support if needed.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Possibility of advanced level apprenticeship and progression in the business. This opportunity will provide the right person with excellent skills for future opportunities.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4 C) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
KIDS IN BLOOM AT PRESCOT LTD
THE LEARNING FOUNDRY LIMITED
Early years practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.