Provide technical support to clients, identifying and resolving any technical support issues as soon as possible to ensure minimal disruption to clients. First line of contact with our clients, for both IT and Website support on phone and email. Record job and act on solution in some cases. Developing skills in both IT support and Web development.
Closing date: 31 Aug 2022
Wage range from £9379.50 - £17902.00 DOE
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
05 Sep 2022
07 Jun 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
· Speak to clients to identify their needs, liaising regularly with them and logging their queries.
· To set up hardware and install and configure software and drivers.
· To maintain and repair technological equipment (e.g. routers) or peripheral devices
· To install well-functioning LAN/WAN and other networks and manage components (servers, IPs etc.)
· Develop an understanding of websites and make changes.
· Help with Search Engine Optimisation of websites.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Digital Support Technician L3 standard
- Functional skills L2 to be taken if not achieved
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Progression to IT Support Technician includes going on site to clients to manage installations of computers, networking solutions.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent ICT (Grade Level 2/C/4) Desired
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade Level 2/C/4) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
W S TRAINING LTD.
The Apprenticeship Team
Digital support technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.