Emma’s Cutting Edge are looking to recruit a friendly, enthusiastic and hardworking apprentice to support them in their busy salon in Nottingham!
Closing date: 19 Aug 2022
Normal paid holidays for 40hours
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
22 Aug 2022
05 Jun 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Emma’s Cutting Edge are looking to offer an exciting opportunity for an apprenticeship candidatewanting to take their first steps into a career within the hair industry. If you are passionate about
pursuing a career as a hairdresser or stylist, this a fantastic opportunity to apply for!
Day to day duties will include:
- Performing reception duties such as answering telephone calls and making appointments-
- Meeting and Greeting clients, making refreshments and providing hospitality
- Maintaining client records
- Selling and recommending retail products
- Cleaning the salon work areas and equipment
- Talking to clients about their requirements
- Carry out hair
styling functions such as:
- Dry and style hair using brushes, combs, straightening irons and other equipment
- Shampoo, Condition, Treat Hair & Scalp
- Change Hair Colours
- Set and Dress Hair
- Style and finish Hair
- Basic Hair cutting using clippers, scissors or razors
This apprenticeship is work based learning therefore most of the time you will be working at theemployer’s address. You will only need to attend college in Nottingham City Centre for initial
assessments, enrolment and once a week on a Monday for training
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Practical and Theory training at our City Centre Wheeler Gate Salon 1 day per week. Level 2 Hair professional standard - https://www.instituteforapprenticeships.org/apprenticeship-standards/hair-professional/
Functional Skills English and Maths (Level 1 or Level 2 is required )
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Potential opportunity for a permanent role within the company following successful completionof theapprenticeship
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
Emma’s Cutting Edge
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.