Are you looking to train in childcare? Friendly, local nursery (part of a small chain) in Southampton is looking for L2 or L3 Nursery Apprentice to join their team and work with their babies.
Closing date: 14 Aug 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
15 Aug 2022
05 Jun 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
As a nursery apprentice, you will contribute to a high quality caring environment for children.
- Creating warm, friendly, and stimulating atmosphere in which the children can develop emotionally, socially, and educationally
- Under supervision you will provide all aspects of care for children including washing, changing, and feeding
- Acting as key worker to a small group of children and recording observations and planning for them
- Assisting with meeting the personal and emotional needs of individual children
- Completing work to desired timeframe for showcase training tutor
- Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children
- Being aware of the nurseries policies and procedures and ensure they are adhered to
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
NCFE/CACHE Level 2 Diploma for the Early Years Practitioner
Functional Skills: English and maths at level 1 minimum (unless exempt)
End Point Assessment
Training completed via work based visits at the nursery and 4 hour study time provided for coursework.
If the chosen candidate has a valid L2 Childcare qualification or sufficient experience in childcare, the L3 Standard will be offered on an 18 month basis.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Upon ccompleting your apprenticeship, you may be offered a full-time position and additional training.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Math (Grade 4/C) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
SHOWCASE TRAINING LTD
Early years practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.