Apprentice Garden Landscaper THE HORTICULTURE GROUP LIMITED
An opportunity has arisen at an established garden landscaping company based in Dorchester-on-Thames. This is for an apprentice landscaper – the role of which covers the planning, creation & maintenance of designed landscapes - urban & rural. This is a friendly firm with a huge passion for horticulture & a strong willingness to pass on knowledge.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2022
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
01 Oct 2022
07 Jun 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Hedge Cutting, Lawn Treatments, Mowing, Bed Work, Sports Ground Maintenance, Shrub Maintenance & Pruning & Weed Control
- Machinery Maintenance
- Selecting and using tools/equipment, consistent with risk assessments
- Operate Machinery
- Client/Customer care/Communication
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with colleagues
- Any other duties as required to achieve the expected standard
- Laying paving
- Laying and building brickwork
- Making patios
- Building Pergolas
- Creation of water features
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- You will attend Berkshire College of Agriculture on a day release programme weekly where you will partake in theory based sessions
- First Aid course and Pa theory of spraying pesticides is part of the course
- Level 2 Diploma in Landbased Horticulture on completion of Apprenticeship
- Functional skills in English & Maths unless exempt
- An assessor will visit you in the work place every eight weeks
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Possibility of a full time post upon completion of Apprenticeship.
- You will gain satisfaction and self-confidence from knowing your capabilities have been successfully assessed against an established national framework.
- The professional qualifications behind the Apprenticeship Programme and the experience through the Hortic diploma role will provide you with a great opportunity to progress your career with us and explore development opportunities that are available to you.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 5 / C or above) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
BERKSHIRE COLLEGE OF AGRICULTURE, THE (BCA)
Horticulture or landscape construction operative
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.