Dental Nurse Apprentice ALEXANDER JOHNSON, ADAM POURMAHAK
This vacancy is for an Apprentice Dental Nurse based in Poulton-le-Fylde The successful applicant will have the opportunity to undertake valuable work experience whilst gaining on the job qualifications.
Closing date: 26 Aug 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
05 Sep 2022
03 Jun 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
# The duties within this role include:
* Assist the dentist/therapist/hygienist during all clinical procedures
* Carry out and be responsible for all Health and Safety and Cross Infection policies and procedures within the dental surgery,
* Assist the dentist during all clinical procedures in the surgery which will include fillings, root canal treatment, bridge crown and denture preparation and extractions
* Assessments, this may also include minor oral surgery.
* Assist the hygienist with scale and polish and oral health promotion plus charting and periodontal assessments.
* Record and store notes, charting, medical history and radiographs on either paper based or computerised systems.
* Reception duties which include answering the telephone, greeting patients, making appointments and recording them correctly on the system.
* Disposing of all waste correctly, including clinical, sharps, specialist, amalgam, and normal domestic.
* Assisting with the preparation of the patient and equipment during the taking of x-rays and processing and storing all images.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
* Level 3 Diploma in Dental Nursing
* Functional Skills Level 2 in Maths and English
* First Aid
* Preparation for the end point assessment
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
The successful candidate will work towards achieving a level 3 qualification in dental nursing with experience in a busy dental practice.
Upon completion of the Level 3 qualification, you will be an experienced and qualified dental nurse, and as such you can continue building up skills that will always be in demand. Career breaks and part time working are often possible. You could then progress to acquire specialist qualifications in areas such as sedation, dental radiography and oral health education.
You may take on more responsibilities as a trainer for other dental nurses or move into a management role within your dental practice, or decided to apply for a course to qualify as a dental hygienist or therapist.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C or above) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Science (Grade 4/C or above) Desired
About the employer
ALEXANDER JOHNSON, ADAM POURMAHAK
TRAINING 2000 LIMITED
Dental nurse (integrated)
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.