Nicholas Hair & Beauty have an exciting opportunity for an apprentice who has personality, is smart, fashion conscious, enthusiastic and with background interests in hair, beauty and the fashion industry. Applicants should confident and be prepared to become an integral part of the salon team, initially as a trainee, supporting role.
Closing date: 31 Aug 2022
Total hours per week: 39
Possible start date
14 Sep 2022
01 Jun 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
The successful candidate will be expected to have good attendance, smart of appearance, confident verbal communication skills and be proactive in the salon training programme.
There will be a requirement to be involved in the day to day operating of the salon which will include general cleaning and end of day thorough cleaning, laundry, preparation of trollies for technical work, shampooing etc. and training will be given for all duties and responsibilities.
Daily duties may include:
- To provide excellent client care at all times.
- To meet and greet clients, offer refreshments, assist them as required.
- Accompany the client from reception to their treatment room and advise the therapist of their arrival.
- Ensure the treatment room is welcoming, clean and tidy and prepared to an acceptable standard in line with the company’s guidelines.
- Ensure the clients comfort and experience of their visit reflects the high standards and expectation of both the client and the company.
- To undertake all housekeeping duties to ensure the safety, cleanliness and high hygiene standards expected by the company.
- To manage clients appointments, take payments and handle incoming calls, emails and online bookings swiftly and professionally.
- To work closely alongside the Therapist team to gain experience and on the job training.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Weekly training sessions with daily hands on experience supported by a senior stylist. Written (diary) records of work experienced and carried out checked by a senior team member. External training sessions run by appropriate technical trainer. All training costs are covered by the salon.
In addition to the regular training events within the Salon, you will be required to attend college one day a week for the duration of the apprenticeship @South Devon College, Paignton Campus
English and Maths will also be a required element, in line with the apprenticeship standard.
Upon completion of your apprenticeship, you will receive a Level 2 Hair Professional Diploma.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
4 of our present team started with us as apprentices after leaving school and are now employed as senior stylists or in one case salon Manager/ Director. We strongly believe in training to enable all team members to progress both personally and professionally within the salon. This is reflected in salary with annual reviews for all.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
SOUTH DEVON COLLEGE
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.