Hentons is a chartered accountancy company and we are currently looking for an apprentice to train with us to become an Apprentice Accountant. We take a client first approach, and in our York branch you will be working alongside a specialised team of accountants who will provide hands-on training in the financial sector.
Closing date: 31 Aug 2022
• Death in Service scheme (4 x salary) • Medicash scheme following probation (6 months) • Subsidised gym membership • Cycle to work scheme • Pension • 22 days annual leave in addition to bank holidays
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
05 Sep 2022
04 Jun 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
· Preparation of weekly, monthly and quarterly management information
· Handling accounts payable and receivables
· Payment runs
· VAT returns
· Self-Assessment tax returns
· Bookkeeping reviews
· Bank and other balance sheet reconciliations
· Maintaining company ledgers
· Projects and system implementations
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Delivery will adopt a blended learning approach combining online learning and face-to-face lessons at York College. Online lessons can be accessed at any time using a mobile, tablet or desktop.
Apprentices receive training and mentoring in the workplace and knowledge, skills and behaviour development at York College through a combination of classroom-based lessons, group exercises and discussions. Apprentices attend York College once every two weeks and will study online materials during allotted time at work.
The qualifications received at the end of the apprenticeship are:
- Accounts/Finance Assistant Apprenticeship Level 2
- AAT Foundation Certificate in Accounting Level 2
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
On completion of the apprenticeship we would expect the career progression to be as follows:
Apprentice – Junior Accountant – Accountant – Senior Accountant
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade 4/C) Essential
GCSE or equivalent maths (Grade 4/C) Essential
Other Bookkeeping qualification (Grade Pass) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
Accounts or finance assistant
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.