Apprentice Multi-Skilled CNC & Conventional Machinist CALDER INDUSTRIAL MATERIALS LIMITED
This is an apprentice Multi-Skilled CNC & Conventional Machinist, reporting to the Machine Shop Cell Leader. You’ll be responsible for operating various conventional and CNC Machine machines, gaining experience to program CNC lathes & Milling machines, with training to use measuring equipment and exposure to operating a 3 Axis CMM & Faro arm.
Closing date: 15 Aug 2022
There will be a % increase on the anniversary of the apprentice's start date over 3 to 4 years until they complete their Apprenticeship at which point they will be on the hourly rate of the skilled employees.
Total hours per week: 36
Possible start date
29 Aug 2022
29 May 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Your responsibilities and duties will include, although not be limited to:
- Gain knowledge and exposure to multiple departments and learn how they operate, from Quality, Engineering, Sales, Purchasing, Logistics, Health & Safety and manufacturing engineering.
- Setting and operating various machine tools, including CNC lathes, CNC milling machines, pedestal drills, radial arm drill, and bench and surface grinders
- Setting up machines for production operatives in a safe and efficient manner
- Reading and interpreting engineering drawings
- Highlighting and communicating issues that may arise and implementing corrective actions
- Use a variety on accurate measuring equipment
- Document and record critical dimensions
- Ensuring job clocking / worksheets are completed as required
- Ensuring that health, safety and quality standards are complied with
You must have the ability and drive to;
- Gain a good knowledge of machine tools, including lathes, milling machines, pedestal drills, radial arm drill, bench & surface grinders
- Become an experienced CNC programmer setter / operator
- Learn to read and interpret engineering drawings
- Accurately measure and work to within +/- 0.025mm
- Become fully conversant in the use of inspection equipment
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
You will complete a Level 3 Standard Engineering Technician If you do not already hold GCSEs at grade A-C in English, maths and ICT you will complete functional skills in the related subjects to attain Level 2.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Gain permanent full time employment, higher education & future management / Engineer potential.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade Level 4/Grade C or above) Desired
About the employer
CALDER INDUSTRIAL MATERIALS LIMITED
CHESHIRE COLLEGE SOUTH AND WEST
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.