Apprentice Multi-Skilled Maintenance Technician CALDER INDUSTRIAL MATERIALS LIMITED
We are looking for an apprentice Multi-Skilled Maintenance Technician (Electrically Bias) to learn & assist the department in the day-to-day preventative maintenance and complex diagnostics, along with other duties required. By the end the apprenticeship, they will be knowledgeable in all process & departments within a manufacturing environment.
Closing date: 15 Aug 2022
There will be a % increase on the anniversary of apprentice's start date over 3 to 4 years until they complete their Apprenticeship, at which point they will be on the hourly rate of the skilled employees.
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
29 Aug 2022
29 May 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Your responsibilities and duties will include, although not be limited to:
- Gain knowledge and exposure to multiple departments and learn how they operate, from Quality, Engineering, Sales, Purchasing, Logistics, Health & Safety and manufacturing engineering.
- Maintenance of electrical and mechanical equipment
- Breakdown response and efficient rectification
- Fault diagnosis and rectification of electrical and mechanical systems involving PLC control
- Achieve team and individual targets
- Complete and control all necessary documentation around engineering activities
- Achieve all activities in line with company regulations and health & safety guidelines
- Planned preventative maintenance
- Assist with driving continuous improvement and lean activities
You must have the ability and drive to;
- Motivated to work in a fast paced manufacturing environment
- Ability to multi-task and assume responsibility
- Maintenance of machinery, plant and equipment
- Relay logic and hard wired systems fault diagnostics
- PLC/HMI bus systems knowledge
- Medium to heavy mechanical fitting work as and when required
- Electrical installations to latest regulations
- Control techniques PLC/drives/Comms
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
You will complete a Level 3 Standard Maintenance Engineering Apprenticeship. If you do not already hold GCSEs at grade A-C in English, maths and ICT you will complete functional skills in the related subjects to attain Level 2.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Gain permanent full time employment.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade Level 4/Grade C or above) Desired
About the employer
CALDER INDUSTRIAL MATERIALS LIMITED
CHESHIRE COLLEGE SOUTH AND WEST
Maintenance and operations engineering technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.