As an integral member of the people team you will provide HR administration support, undertaking duties across a range of HR activities including recruitment and selection administration, data management and reporting, and compliance. You will deal with employees, answer the common questions and escalate any issues to The Group People Manager.
Closing date: 21 Aug 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
22 Aug 2022
28 May 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
As part of the People Team, you will actively promote the business through clear, respectful and helpful communication with all potential customers, colleagues, service providers, contractors and visitors.
This will include, but not limited to the following duties:
- Act as the first point of contact for all personnel queries.
- Update internal HR databases.
- Create regular reports and presentations on HR metrics (e.g. turnover/absence rates).
- Answer employee queries about HR-related issues.
- Maintain an accurate and up-to-date paper and electronic filing system for personnel records.
- Complete a range of HR-related paperwork.
- Process staff changes and staff leaving documentation and arrange exit interviews.
- Produce a range of HR letters and correspondence.
- Take minutes at formal meetings (e.g. discipline, grievance, capability).
- Other administration as requested.
- Assist the Group People Manager with the completion of all new starter paperwork, and other documents in relation to staff employment.
- Process staff appointment documentation for successful candidates, including offer letters, contracts of employment and all pre-employment checks, including DBS and driving licence.
- Assist with the preparation of contracts of employment, contract variation letters and leaver letters.
- Set up recruitment and training events.
- Support the recruitment process across the Group, including publishing adverts, scheduling and booking interviews, liaising with candidates, producing interview packs and meeting and greeting candidates.
- Ensure the room, equipment and refreshments are ready before the interview takes place.
- Follow up with relevant colleagues to ensure all candidates receive feedback after the interview, whether successful or not.
- Administer and track the probationary review period.
- Participate in HR projects (e.g. help organize a job fair event).
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 3 Business Administration at Redcar & Cleveland College.
- Functional skills Maths & English, if required
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
An opportunity for a full-time position at the end of the apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade A*-C/9-4) Desired
Other Driving licence (Grade Pass) Desired
About the employer
THE EDUCATION TRAINING COLLECTIVE
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.