Apprentice Nursery Practitioner HUMMINGBIRDS DAY CARE LTD
Apprentice Nursery Practitioner required for Hummingbirds Day Nursery in Birmingham (B19). Excellent opportunity to earn, learn and gain a nationally recognised qualification in Childcare Level 3.
Closing date: 28 Oct 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 35
Possible start date
01 Nov 2022
18 Aug 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Duties will include:
- Promoting high standards of childcare for the successful achievement of the intellectual, emotional and social development of each child
- Assisting individual needs in order to optimise progress and development
- Carrying out effective and thorough daily programmes drawn up for each age-related activity
- Ensuring rooms, toys and equipment are kept clean and in a safe condition and any maintenance needs or equipment breakages are reported
- As a part of commitment to safety and hygiene of the children, ensure room is cleaned thoroughly each week, including disinfecting walls and paintwork once a month. Stains occurring from spillage should be cleaning immediately with an appropriate carpet cleaner
- Ensuring all policies and procedures are compiled with
(The above duties cover both a Level 2 and 3 qualification, however, candidates that are eligible for a Level 3 will be required to work at a supervisory level and take on responsibilities associated with being a Team Leader).
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Childcare Level 3 Qualification
Training will be delivered online/on employer site and managed by our assessors
20% off the job training guaranteed (7 hours out of 35 in working week) will go to training. Whether this be in the form of a "day off" or allocated during the working week is agreed upon by the employer.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Possible opportunity to progress onto employment for the right candidate
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
GORDON FRANKS TRAINING LIMITED
0121 333 3001
Early years educator
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.