To become a skilled craftsman who can work with metal. The Apprentice will be overseen to manufacture parts from start to finish. The Engineer will be responsible for the generation of fulfilling representative prototypes, or small batches of components Engineering team. Occasional providing support to the Manufacturing team.
Closing date: 23 Aug 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
01 Sep 2022
29 May 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
A typical day the prototype Apprentice will be:
● Working with the Product design and Development teams on new
product updates and innovations
● Manipulation of sheet metal (stainless / mild steel / enamelling iron /
etc) to a form representative off tool products
● Using welding techniques (Arc, MIG, TIG, Gas, CO2), brazing, etc.
● Be capable of working with a wide range of materials not just metal
i.e. plastics, wood, etc.
● Be energetic, flexible, and adaptable within a pressurised
environment providing technical guidance to other business areas.
● Gain an appreciation of normal manufacturing processes, their
associated capabilities and limitations.
● Be able to work on their own initiative, or under the guidance of
others within the Product Development team.
● Support any reasonable task associated with the efficient running ofthe department
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
● Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship in Engineering Technician (Standard) -
Product Design and Development Technician Pathway:
● Knowledge, Skills and Behaviours as defined by the standard
● Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering
● Level 3 BTEC Diploma in Engineering (Development Technical Knowledge)
● Level 2 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Foundation
● Level 2 Functional Skills in English and maths (if applicable)
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Career in Engineering
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
About the employer
AGA RANGEMASTER LIMITED
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.