Laboratory & Cleanroom Technician Apprentice UNIVERSITY COLLEGE LONDON
This position is a unique opportunity for an enthusiastic and ambitious apprentice to gain a wide range of skills and experiences in a world-leading university, which will equip them to develop a successful future career as a laboratory technician.
Closing date: 21 Jun 2022
Total hours per week: 36.5
Possible start date
01 Sep 2022
30 May 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Prepare for laboratory tasks using the appropriate scientific techniques and methods:
- Organising and assisting with regular servicing of equipment and general maintenance (e.g., changing gas bottles).
Managing a detailed consumables and stocks records.
- Safe storage and disposal of chemicals.
- Monitoring booking and usage of wet laboratory facilities and equipment.
- Undertaking routine inspections in compliance with local and UCL wide health and safety policies and risk assessment protocols.
- Perform laboratory tasks following specified methodologies, such as SOPs.
- Providing cleanroom laboratory inductions and equipment training/mentoring for new staff, students, and visitors.
Other tasks: Microfabrication, Electronic assembly, taking routine measurements in long-term experiments, Computer aided design, Laser cutting and Silicone moulding.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
During the training, the apprentice will work towards a Laboratory Technician Apprenticeship Standard (Level 3) and will gain a Level 3 BTEC in Applied Science with our training provider CSR Scientific Training. The apprentice will gain the knowledge, skills and behaviours required to become a Registered Science Technician (RSciTech)
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship you will be in a strong position to apply for other roles at UCL, and you can start applying for vacancies six months before the end of your apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C or above) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Science (Grade 4/C or above) Essential
About the employer
UNIVERSITY COLLEGE LONDON
CSR SCIENTIFIC TRAINING LIMITED
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.