Are you looking to train in childcare? Friendly nursery in central Portsmouth is looking for a L3 Nursery Apprentice to join their team. The candidate must hold a recognised L2 Early Years qualification.
Closing date: 28 Aug 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37
Possible start date
29 Aug 2022
25 May 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Are you looking to train in childcare? Friendly nursery in Central Portsmouth is looking for a L2 (or L3) Nursery Apprentice to join their team.
As a Nursery Apprentice, you will contribute to a high quality caring environment for children.
- Creating warm, friendly and stimulating atmosphere in which the children can develop emotionally, socially and educationally
- Under supervision you will provide all aspects of care for children including washing, changing and feeding
- Acting as key worker to a small group of children and recording observations and planning for them
- Assisting with meeting the personal and emotional needs of individual children
- Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children
- Being aware of the nurseries policies and procedures and ensure they are adhered to
- Completing all work to desired timescales as set by Showcase Tutor
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
NCFE/CACHE Level 3 Diploma for the Childrens Workforce (Early Years Educator)- Up to 18 months
Functional Skills: Maths, English at level 2 (Unless exempt)
Paediatric First Aid L3
End Point Assessment
Training completed via work based visits at the nursery and 4 hour study time provided for coursework
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Once completing your L3 Apprenticeship, you could be offered a full time position and further training.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C) Desired
NVQ or SVQ Level 2 or equivalent Early Years (Grade Pass) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
SHOWCASE TRAINING LTD
Early years educator
Level 3 (A level)