An exciting opportunity has arisen to work for a well-established outdoor pig breeding farm in the South Oxfordshire area.
Closing date: 31 Oct 2022
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
01 Nov 2022
31 May 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Cherrywood Pigs Ltd are a successful pig breeding unit based in the South Stoke area and are looking to recruit a motivated Apprentice Stockperson. Working within a team day to day duties will include the following;
- General livestock care and maintenance
- Feeding livestock
- Assisting with artificial insemination
- Piglet care
- Adhering to health and safety policy
- Equipment maintenance
- Tractor Driving
This role is based on a 3 week rota with some weekend working required.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 2 Standard in General Farm Worker
- Weekly day release into college
- End-point assessment to be completed at the end of the programme
- Level 1/Level 2 Functional Skills in Maths and English may be required dependent on GCSE results or equivalent qualifications
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
A full time position will be reviewed on successful completion of the apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 5 / C or above) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
Cherrywood Pigs Ltd
BERKSHIRE COLLEGE OF AGRICULTURE, THE (BCA)
General farm worker
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.