Apprentice Toolmaker to join our team of 7 experienced Toolmakers and 1 current apprentice responsible for maintenance of existing in-house tooling, primarily press tools and production of new tooling.
Closing date: 19 Aug 2022
£5.50 per hour plus travel expenses to college
Total hours per week: 39
Possible start date
05 Sep 2022
24 May 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
The apprentice will undergo training in:
- Milling – Manual and CNC operations
- Surface, cylindrical and form-grinding
- Wire Erosion
- Bench Fitting
- Reading and understanding technical tool drawings
- Use of CAD software for component modeling & creating technical drawings
- Using measuring tools to prepare and inspect job.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- The Apprentice will be working towards the Level 3 Engineering Technician Apprenticeship Standard for a duration of 42 months.
- College attendance will be at the Colchester Institute - Colchester Campus one day per week during term time.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- The successful candidate will become part of our engineering team - as a toolmaker.
- In the future there would be the opportunity to be involved in new bespoke machinery design and build projects and grow with the company in terms of computerised Engineering design skills.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent English, Maths and Science (Grade A*-B/9-6) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
Colchester Institute - Apprenticeship Team
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.