Payroll Administrator Apprenticeship BACK OFFICE SUPPORT SERVICES LTD
The Apprenticeship will be based in our Payroll Team, however, you will also have the opportunity to spend time in other parts of the business to develop an understanding of how our business works and the key functions in it including Finance and Credit Control.
Closing date: 30 Aug 2022
National Minimum Wage for Apprentices up to £12,000 per annum
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
05 Sep 2022
14 Jun 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
1. Complete apprentice training and qualifications (18 months).
2. Develop knowledge and understanding of payroll legislation, system and processes.
3. Support payroll team with routine scheduling of weekly payrolls.
4. Develop customer service skills and confidence dealing with clients professionally and courteously, ensuring customer service standards are met at all times.
5. Answer the telephone for incoming calls, greet visitors and provide administration support to managers as required.
6. Commit to the Company Values and ensure high quality and attention to detail at all times.
7. Develop understanding of all parts of the business including Payroll, Credit Control and Finance at an administrative level.
8. Develop good working knowledge of our payroll system, Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Microsoft Teams.
9. Respect confidential information and ensure compliance with data protection legislation in all payroll processes and dealings with clients and other payroll related organisations.
As your knowledge and experience develops you will have your own payroll processing responsibilities to ensure accurate payroll data entry (manually, or by spreadsheet import, or on-line portal into the payroll database), ensuring contractors, temporary and permanent staff are paid on time and receive the correct payments. Tasks will include:
- Handling new starters.
- Processing pension contributions including new starters, opt ins/outs and postponements.
- Processing statutory payments including National Minimum Wage, Statutory Sick Pay, Parental payments and holidays in line with current legislation.
- Ensuring payments to intermediaries are processed correctly.
- Checking accuracy of payroll data entered and ensure any errors are updated.
- Ensuring timesheets are consistent with data received and have the correct authorisation.
- Investigating and resolving any payroll discrepancies.
- Carrying out pay-runs for our clients.
- Arranging payslip distribution.
- Processing leavers documentation including P45's.
- Reconciling payroll figures and sending reports to HMRC.
- Producing weekly payroll reports and key data.
- Completing monthly and year end procedures essential for statutory and other returns.
- Maintaining database with updates.
- Resolving payroll queries for clients.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Level 3 Payroll Administrator Apprenticeship Qualification
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
After completion of your apprenticeship you will potentially have the opportunity to progress onto full time positions within the business.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 5/B+) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
Maxim Business Training
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.