Exciting opportunity for an engineering/technician apprenticeship working in the Indoor play, Sport and Athletics Equipment sectors within the Leisure & Education industries. Our engineer team provide service inspections, repairs and installation works within a variety of Leisure areas for our growling client base.
Closing date: today
21 days annual leave per year, plus bank holidays. Paid overtime at flat rate if worked above 37.5hrs a week. Pay starts from being picked up to being dropped off, therefore includes travel hours to and from site to home or hotel as required.
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
01 Sep 2022
24 May 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
We are looking to recruit a service engineer apprentice to work alongside our senior indoor play engineers already located in the Leicester area within the indoor play, sports and athletics sectors nationwide.
Duties will include:
- Servicing and cleaning indoor soft play structures.
- Repairing and installing sports, play & athletics equipment for leisure centres & facilities, pubs, schools, colleges, universities and athletics stadiums and facilities.
Applicants must be happy to travel as and when required and ideally have a full driving licence, although this is not essential. There may also be times where an overnight stay is required during the working week.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- L2 Apprenticeship Standard in Engineering Operative
- L2 Diploma in Engineering Operations (Skills)
- L2 Certificate in Engineering Operations (Knowledge)
End-Point Assessment (EPA):
- Practical Observation
- Professional Discussion
- Review portfolio
- Currently delivered one day per week (Term Time Only) at Loughborough College. Seven Units completed on the Engineering Competence can be mapped into the Foundation Competence Qualification on most Level 3 Standards.
- Diarised visits from dedicated Trainer/Assessor.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
To progress onto becoming a full time Service Engineer for Sport & Play Ltd. Then progression up the engineer career path within the business as more skills, responsibly are gained and performance proven.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade Level 4/Grade C or equivalent) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Science (Grade Level 4/Grade C or equivalent) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.