Digital Support Technician Apprentice NICHOLAS POSTGATE CATHOLIC ACADEMY TRUST
To support the operational delivery of the Trust’s Digital ICT & Marketing services support to NPCAT schools, ensuring an effective and responsive service.
Closing date: 30 Oct 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37
Possible start date
05 Nov 2022
24 May 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- To support the day-to-day operation of the digital 360 Immersive environment room.
- To support staff with the use of the Igloo Control, Warper and Capture software in order to produce 360 digital resources for interactive lessons.
- To investigate reported faults, support requests and to proactively take action on these requests in line with agreed service standards and KPIs.
- To maintain and develop, the trust’s websites in line with the Head of ICT and Head of Marketing.
- To Document, test, implement and maintain web pages and multimedia design using web (WordPress), editing and graphics applications (photoshop).
- To support and advise staff in the appropriate use of digital ICT resources.
- To support with the trust with basic photography and videography for digital web resources and marketing requirements.
- Comply with and assist with the development of policies and procedures relating to all digital resources.
- Set up equipment such as laptops, data projectors, interactive whiteboards, sound systems and other specialist ICT equipment, ensuring that systems are ready for use and operating correctly.
- Carry out basic safety checks, ensuring cabling and services do not pose a hazard
- Follow relevant H&S procedures and raise awareness among staff, pupils and others. Plan, record and implement changes to hardware and applications; collate and interpret results of testing and advise if goods are fit for use
- Proactively respond to digital support requests according to Trust procedures.
- Work as part of a team and adopt flexible working practices
- To attend and participate in meetings within the Trust as required
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- 1 Day at college
- Level 3 Digital Support Technician Qualification
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Full time position for the right candidate subject to business financial situation
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
NICHOLAS POSTGATE CATHOLIC ACADEMY TRUST
Digital support technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.